[lit-ideas] Re: Radical Islam and Radical Americanism

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 19:03:19 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 3/11/10, Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Donal,

Excellent post!>

Not grammatically, for sure. But thanks, I guess.

Small point:-
> But from a Christian standpoint, and Mike was after all raised a Catholic,
> hatred in one's heart for one's brother is tantamount to killing him>.

Where is this standpoint shown to be a, or the, specifically Christian one?

As a general proposition, saying that wishing someone dead is tantamount to
killing them, would be tantamount to saying the start of every slippery slope
is tantamount to whatever is at a bottom of the slope. And that surely is, at
least tantamount to, false.

Donal