[lit-ideas] Re: Punitive Expeditions

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:26:59 -0400

Forget it Omar.  Lawrence is like the Nazi on a show called Laugh In here in
the U.S. in the 60's, except that he was fighting WWI 20 years after it ended.
Lawrence is fighting it 60 years later.  He hasn't caught on that WWII ended
and not only can we not save anybody/everybody in the world, we can't even save
ourselves out of Iraq.  You're wasting your time Omar.  Go for it, Lawrence,
tell us how it's done.  Tell us about Fukuyama and how we're going to make the
world safe for democracy by blowing it, and us along with it, away.