[lit-ideas] Re: Political Schadenfreude

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 14:45:17 EST

In a message dated 3/5/2009 1:46:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Why would a user say 'iPhone' when  using an iPhone app for netsurfing?.

Excellent point. Indeed, the source which seems to have been "The Daily
Telegraph" (so you can sort of 'justify' the innacuracies) indeed perpetuates
the
gaffe at

blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=533 - 70k - Cached - Similar  pages

When speaking the word “iPhone”  into the application,
     a Scottish user was offered a porn website after  it mistook
     his search for “sex,” the Telegraph  reported.

In some cases, we see the input was not really the atrociously otiose
"iPhone" but more reasonable things:

          “I’ve got a  traditional Kentish accent
          and the thing kept  on spitting back ridiculous
          things,” said Roger  Ellinson, 26, from Maidstone in Kent,
         southeastern  England.
“I asked it  to find my nearest pizza take away and
          it came back with  something about volcanoes,” he  added.
“I asked it to  find my nearest pub and it gave me a link
         to some kind of weird  dating website,” said Ellinson.

Cheers,
JLS
steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)