[lit-ideas] Re: Poetry and Madness

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:18:51 EDT

Yeah -- my kids, 13 & 15, keep lobbying for a tv, vcr, dvd, and  computer of
their own, not to mention a cell phone.  Considering that we  are outside of
cable country that would mean 3 satellites unless everyone wanted  to watch the
same thing at once (yeah, right).  I am totally in support of  positive use
of TV (History, Discovery Channels) and computers (research for  school work),
but enough is enough....when they start IM'ing the same person  they're
talking with on the phone.....

Julie Krueger
an old fogey at 45 I guess

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Poetry and
Madness  Date: 10/22/2006 8:05:09 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Electricity usage in the U.S. is up something like  30% since (if I recall
correctly) 1990, credited to increased demand from  computers, printers, a
TV in every room and so on.