[lit-ideas] Re: One fewer god

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:43:21 -0400

Real quick.  There is no way to talk about religion except to talk in circles.
It is faith, faith, and more faith.  Unless you're saying that the Creator
didn't hand down spiritual guidelines or laws (the Ten Commandments, turn the
other cheek, etc. etc.).  If that's what you're saying, then how can you be
Jewish or have any religion?  Hence the talking in circles.  I don't know what
the concept of Chosen People is except that I 'know' that the Jews were Chosen.
 To choose is transitive.  It is done by something of something.  Again, it's
the religious ball of circular wax.  It's why I don't imbibe.  It's also why
Joseph Campbell gave it all up too except as interesting myths.  Really, gotta
go.