[lit-ideas] Re: "No offence meant", "None taken": the implicature

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:15:05 +0100

I agree with Lawrence!!!

Simon
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lawrence Helm
  To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 3:01 PM
  Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: "No offence meant", "None taken": the implicature

  I fail to see the problem here.  The technology of any modern email utility
allows you to have J. L. Esperanza's posts sent directly to your junk mail
folder.  You don't  have to look at his posts.  You can even empty your
junk-mail folder without checking to see what's in it.   J.L.  For you  who
wish J.L.'s posts to disappear, they will - and they could have all along
-without your having to go off in a huff or get the list administrator to
antagonize poor old J.L. and perhaps ruin him for the rest of us.

  Lawrence