[lit-ideas] Re: New Orleans

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:21:58 EDT

I, too, will take a stab at this.   I don't recall Andy  questioning what God
was up to when the Tsunami hit Asia......but  nonetheless.....I don't know if
you recall, Andy, but in the tsunami there was a  village on a remote island
which we westerners would call "primitive" --  thoroughly non-industrialized.
No phones, computers, radios,  tv.....   The knowledge of the ways of the sea
had been taught  generation after generation, wisdom about their earth-home
passed down for  centuries.  When the sea gasped and the tide went out for
miles, the elder  of the village knew from the passed-down wisdoms what the sea
would do next, and  he called for all the villagers to run for high ground.
When the walls of  water came in, the villagers were safe.  No one was lost.

Just something to think about.

Julie Krueger