[lit-ideas] Re: National Symbols

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 23:46:14 -0500

 We are become the monsters we fear.

If we lose the war on terror it will be because
our enemies know what they will die for while we
will be whimpering in corners and hoping
that Big Brother will save our cowardly asses.

Where are courage, honor, compassion?

____

Certainly not in your words. Your words above are
laden with cultural self-loathing and timidity.

Demonstrate how sitting on one's hands and waiting
for the next (and larger) Islamist strike embodies
courage, honor, or compassion. Rather they are
words of cowardice, accommodation, and exceptionalism.

Again I ask you: what would FDR do?