[lit-ideas] Re: My demise

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:05:37 -0700

I was carrying on as best I could... trying to act the Jeff-less Mutt.

"Self," I said on Monday, "Geary's strangely silent.  Here I am waiting to
concede the Sunday prize--anything he does will be better than my B.R.
drivel--and then he naffs off into the void, leaving me clutching this awful
plastic trophy with the effing golden effigy on top...Typical.  Another week
with the thing cluttering up my piano...Hurry up and write, man, instead of
whining about a small thing like being thought dead.  I'll start you off,
'Compressors are lovely, compressors are fine
It's the stuff that's in them which is made by swine...'"

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon