[lit-ideas] Re: Must the Word be Literate?

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 18:58:29 -0700

On Oct 1, 2007, at 3:27 AM, Mike Geary wrote:

This list is motley great. Unable to sleep I get up at 4 am to find some boring book to induce somnia, but just for the heck of it I checked my emails. Bad mistake. First, there's Donal's legal advice, David's cooking and politics, John's linguistics, Lawrence's podhoretzing around the Middle East, and Andreas's despair over Lawrence. Of course I just absolutely have to weigh in on it all.

Your middle-of-the-night diligence must be rewarded; all that flattery and fun deserves a biscuit or something.

Here's an or-something,

http://cgi.ebay.com/INFREQUENT-bone-fairy-lovely-bairn-wonderful- sword_W0QQitemZ230175171145QQihZ013QQcategoryZ73465QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Where does such language come from?

Note that they ship the world.