[lit-ideas] Re: Mop Rumpchuck

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:20:21 -0330

The idea that the concept of a moral right is coherent, but an ontological right
is not, is interesting. Is it that there are no moral rights we possess simply
in virtue of being that mode of being-in-the-world we call "human?" In such a
case, the idea of our humanity as a ground of moral rightness and wrongness
would seem to be vitiated. And if that itself is a sound inference, does it not
follow that "only a god could save us now"?

Walter O
MUN

P.S.:

P1: I am a human being
C: You ought not to disrespect my humanity.

But is that not a case of the Naturalistic Fallacy?