[lit-ideas] Re: Mideast: Ripples of War

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:11:47 -0400

I love your quoting all the nonsequiturs that I didn't write.  I said Ricks
said that the worst case scenario would be a pan-Arabic leader who would unite
the Arab world.  A worst case scenario is a bad thing Lawrence.

You want them to fight on our terms.  So did the British want the American
colonists, also largely guerrillas, to fight on their terms.  Give them a few,
more than a few, jet fighters and maybe they can.  Until they, they will ignore
your advice and do the best they can with what they have.

I heard another interview this weekend, I don't remember his name and it's not
worth remembering, that the U.S. won every war it ever fought and that's why
we'll win Iraq.  He began with the War of 1812 (which in fact we lost) and
spent literally about 15 minutes of the hour listing all the actors in WWII who
enlisted.  When you're short on facts, you fill space somehow.  He had a very
supportive audience, but one person did ask how he felt about our losing the
Vietnam War, so which he replied that the Vietnam War wasn't really a war.  The
Cold War was a war and we won that.  Anyone can spin anything.  So tell me
again my nonsequiturs, Lawrence.  I guess it's your equivalent of listing
actors who enlisted.