[lit-ideas] Re: Magritte on Spinoza

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:47:36 -0500

I remember when my kids were small, occasionally watching the Garfield
cartoons on Saturday morning TV.   I can't remember what exactly the
episode I was watching had to do with, but there was a scene where
somebody found a horse's head in his/her bed.   I'm sure the kids didn't
get the allusion.   I'm sure the writers kept their sanity by this kind
of playing...

Relatedly, I've been in a class where students first learned that the
Ninjaturtles were named after real artists.  I wonder if they ever
looked at Raphael's or Donatello's paintings, for instance, without
seeing a turtle in a mask first.
Ursula
wasting time she doesn't have this misty, moisty morning...