[lit-ideas] Re: Lip slip

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:39:14 EST

<<pick  this as the #1 reason why people didn't watch. I listened and
have been  depressed (okay, more depressed) ever since, so I just may skip
it, too.Why  do something that you know will make you feel your own
helplessness more  acutely while irritating the hell outta you?>>

There's a trickle-down effect  too, unfortunately.  Missouri's newly elected
(youngest ever, I think)  Governor has the IQ of a squirrel.  It's like
watching a little kid with a  loaded gun waving around -- somebody's going to
get
hurt. The day after  announcing massive cuts in Medicaid state-wide, Blunt
announced his latest  brilliant idea.  Apparently he's been hearing noises
about
his beloved  Commander in Chief privatizing social security and has been
running
around in  circles muttering, "privatization.  privatization.  I've got to
find  something to privatize."  So he announced that he wants to "privatize the

Department of Motor Vehicles".  I'm not even sure what this means to  him.
It's the most cock-eyed wildly ludicrous notion I've heard in some  time.  Does
anyone live anywhere where their DMV is run by a variety of  competing
for-profit corporations??  (The report strongly indicated that  was the
goal...).  I
can't even imagine the  implications...

Julie Krueger

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Lip slip  Date:
2/5/05 2:08:34 A.M. Central Standard Time  From: _carolkir@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:carolkir@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>because there is nothing they can do  anyway,

ck: I pick this as the #1 reason why people didn't watch. I  listened and
have been depressed (okay, more depressed) ever since, so I  just may skip
it, too.Why do something that you know will make you feel your  own
helplessness more acutely while irritating the hell outta  you?

Bush does what he wants. He always gets his way. Haven't we learned  that by
now? As for the Iraqi election, if the Shiite clerics continue to  show their
strength, can we expect to see an increase in violence by  "insurgents,"
perhaps even some political assassinations of The Newly  Elected?
arghly,
Carol