[lit-ideas] Re: (K)ant Kills Creativity

  • From: "veronica caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:07:54 -0400

Eric:White men? This nominee of Obama's was presented as "a
latina" not as a human being. Hence her assessment will be a
"group" assessment not an assessment of her capabilities.

Question? Which of categories of people we are talking about is not a human being? And we are all many things.
Black, white, male, female, of various origins.

Sotomayor has already been approved by the Senate once, for one of the appellate courts. This nonsense about "Latina woman" is a fund raiser for conservatives.

I think neither one of us believed even before this that we are a "post racist" country. I do hope that this is not going to be a referendum on all Hispanics, as I certainly would not want Sotomayor to lumped together with Alberto Gonzales.

I hate to see this going on as I believe we need a two party system. And I think these persons trashing this woman will lose enough of the Hispanic vote to keep Republicans down for the foreseeable future.

It seems that people tend to vote with their own, however they define that. Remember how recently Republicans won because they were so successful with white men.

I have no Brazilian friends. But I have been in Brazil. And while they are more integrated than we are, I saw definite separation. Socially at least.

Veronica Caley

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>