[lit-ideas] Re: Iraqi problems caused by Iran (1)

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 12:39:19 EST

In a message dated 2/5/2006 11:28:37 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx writes:

something--at least let's destroy the fewest number of innocent  littles...

Hi,
Maybe that is the rhetoric that ought to be spoken of in response to the
Islamic concept that Americans do not have the stomach for war and that with
just a few thousand of its dead the majority of this nation wants to have us
pull out...

Maybe those of us who look at this war (any war) in this different way  ought
to begin to tell that side--

That it is because we care for the parents and the children and the history
and such--of Iraq/Iran/whatever country--that is why we do not want war.
It's not because WE cannot stomach it for ourselves--or, at least, it is not so

for me and mine.  I have no problem with smashing bad mean ones. But,  I do
not want the OTHERS to get hurt.  I want them to take their kids to  school
without fear. I want their kids to dream about what they want to be when  they
grow up--and want ALL their kids (male and female) to be able to  dream.

oh, this is for Judy, I guess...until 9-11, there was always a lot of talk
about the fighting/fussing in Ireland and how parents of either side had to
deal  with the fears of not knowing if their kids' schools would be
bombed/interrupted  by the other side's violence.  I am not sure I have seen an
article on
this  at all.  There were a few after 9-11 in regards to them talking about
how  you learned to live with fear/terrorism and to go on--but since then,
nothing.  Is this still an issue over there?  Or did we (over here) just stop
paying  attention because our focus was on our own terrorist issues to deal
with?

Best,
Marlena