[lit-ideas] Re: Iran/al-Qaeda Ties Suggested

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 03:52:18 -0500

Andreas: Tell me, why won't you enlist?

Eric: You're acting like some grade school bully who thinks he can annoy by calling the same name over and over. Rubber, glue, bounces, sticks, and so forth.

Heard Tony Blair's address on the terror war on C-Span 2. (It's a shame someone that well spoken could never be elected here.) Some event sponsored by Reuters.

Blair raised I point I've never heard in the US media: we routinely ask ourselves why we are in Iraq, but never ask why the terrorists are working so desperately there, first attacking civilian reconstruction, and now that elections have occurred, trying so hard to foment civil war. It can't be to win their country back because the Iraqis who want their country back are voting.