[lit-ideas] Re: Oh to be in England, now that the Lancettis are on sale

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:46:14 -0800

David Ritchie wrote:

Chevrolet is having a March sale. You could buy a Chevrolet Matiz 0.8S, a Chevrolet Kalos 1.4 SX, a Chevrolet Lacetti SW 1.6 SX or a Chevrolet Tacuma 1.6 SX. The latter two have electric windows for only 8,995...pounds. I've been reading the "Daily Telegraph," which my father brought. Miles per gallon are listed as "Urban" and "Extra Urban." I wonder what company Chevrolet bought; I can't tell from the shape or look of the cars.

The low-end Matiz is marked down to £5,295 from £6,095. Cute little car. It's manufactured by GM Daewoo, in Korea. It has a three cylinder engine and a top speed of 84 mph. (Hmm; why isn't this given in kilometers?)

It competes with the Peugeot 107, which is a bit pricier and peppier in the 'deluxe' range. The 107 is a joint venture of Peugeot, Citroën, and Toyota, and is made in the Czech Republic.

When the Ford Mini Taurus arrives in late April, it will outclass both of them.

Robert Paul
polishing his 2007 Audi 8 carefully