[lit-ideas] Re: Inferring the Poodle Card

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 11:15:06 -0700

On Oct 31, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Veronica Caley wrote:

> David,
>
> You are so fortunate to have a border collie.  I love them.  But I thought
> they were more energetic than shelties.
Mine is about as laid back as border collies come.  Possibly this is due to
being only half border collie--the other half is whatever the wandering dad
was...some sort of retriever, we think.  It's an interesting mix; he loves to
"work," but he's under the impression that "work" is retrieving tennis balls.
The one we had before was a real herder.
> They are both old, sick and we will be coming to the horrible time in dog
> ownership.  At which time I will be a total basket case for a couple of weeks.

Those are indeed hard times.

Good wishes,

David Ritchie,
Portland,