[lit-ideas] Re: If you can't beat 'em ...

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:58:47 EDT

From time to time I check out the Bushisms site to see what our leader is  up
to.  I haven't looked at it since my old computer died, I broke a  contact,
and I broke a foot, all in the space of a few weeks.  Today I  decided it was
high time I found out what had been going on in my absence.

On Sept 6, 2006, in an interview with Katie Couric, George W. Bush  said:
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to  the war on
terror."

I have no words.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: If you can't beat
'em ...  Date: 10/3/2006 4:47:18 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This isn't too much of a stretch from the plan  they invaded Iraq with.
Woodward called it like a game of pickup basketball,  with the same or
higher level of violence than you're proposing, what with  Iraqi beaters and
the many millions of tons of bombs they dropped on the  population, killing
an awful lot of civilians along the way.  Likewise  we had/have our
contracts (fatwas) on all the al Qaeda leaders that we  grew.  Woodward says
that if it wasn't so tragic it would be straight  out of Saturday Night
Live.  The only thing they're missing is the  walruses.  What the heck.  No
walruses?  Flowers will do  instead.  Certainly armor and military equipment
was not on the  list.  Maybe that's where the snowblowers come in ...