[lit-ideas] Re: If Not the US, Who?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:41:11 -0500

Eric, I didn't read this, so take my comments for what they're worth.  If
the U.S. were so worried about the economy, they would work on decreasing
debt and supporting the middle class.  Cleaning up the air/water can be a
big job creator.  That isn't happening.  The reasons for not participating
in reducing our emissions have to be of some metaphysical variety, denial,
arrogance.  The economy is an excuse.  At the very least, California
cleaned up their air and they're still in the Union.  It can be done.  It's
not being done for reasons unrelated to economics.