[lit-ideas] Re: Hersh's New Yorker article re Iran

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 18:07:45 -0400

>>Good, Eric, now... what did Iraq have to do with terrorism?

If I list all the problems caused by Saddam, the terrorist connections in Iraq, as well as the new material coming out in translations, you will say, "now... what did Iraq have to do with 9/11?" And you'll keep asking questions until you get back to, "See? The war is a fake used to enrich Halliburton!"

Then we'll lapse into grumbling silence, and maybe another attack will happen here or abroad. Then you'll say, "See? This is what our involvement in Iraq caused!" or "It was ONLY a _______ (a building, a train, a town, a subway)." And if it's a really really really BIG attack, you'll say, "See? Bush wasn't really serious about the war on global terrorism."

And if we're both still alive, we'll lapse into grumbling silence. Then David Ritchie or Mike Geary will post a poem and things will be a little better for a little while.