[lit-ideas] Re: Hersh's New Yorker article re Iran

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:27:29 -0700

All you have is...

Someone in al Qaeda talked to someone in Iraq in 1998 and nothing came of it. This is years before al Qaeda even came up with the idea for 9.11.

Does it mean anything that they talked? al Qaeda talked to many people because they were involved in the jihad against the USSR in Afghanistan. The relationship between al Qaeda and the US are far deeper and substantial; Bush and the bin Laden families are interwoven in business deals.

But what about Iraq? Saddam was a secular dictator. Precisely the kind of leader that al Qaeda wants out of power. They both dislike each other deeply.

But you ignore all of that, and pin your hopes on a few conversations that went
nowhere.

As for the new translations: yeah, right. The US military itself concluded after a complete investigation of Iraq that Iraq had no capability, no production, no infrastructure for WMDs. We are supposed to now believe that a bunch of righwing bloggers have found proof? The real proof is the fact that if there was anything to these documents, the White House and the military would be the first to tell us in order to vindicate themselves. The fact that they haven't is proof there is nothing to this.

But again, you ignore all of that, and pin your hopes on rightwing bloggers.

So, where's your proof for your war?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com