[lit-ideas] Re: Happy Thanksgiving

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:53:04 EDT

Jump a train and go to Pennsylvania where a guy has grown a 1,502 pound
pumpkin.  I kid you not.  My husband (who is in total awe and draws  metaphors
from the Great Pumpkin in Snoopy) thinks the owner should put it on  wheels,
cut
out some windows, and make a Cinderella Carriage out of it.  He  wishes he
were close enough to make a pilgrimage to it.

_R.I.  pumpkin may be largest ever - Yahoo! News_
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061008/ap_on_fe_st/pumpkin_weigh_off;_ylt=Asv1ntjL8A4o6R78dEl1v1UDW7oF;_ylu=
X3oDMTBhZDhxNDFzBHNlYwNtZW5ld3M-)

I did warn him about what it will look/smell like when the thing  starts
rotting and growing green stuff on it.  He's in denial.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========
Subj: [lit-ideas] Happy Thanksgiving  Date: 10/9/2006 9:51:35 A.M. Central
Standard Time  From: _erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx)

 To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Yay!  It's a "holiday"!  Can I justify  doing nothing?  If I do
nothing, do I need to justify it?   Oh, how I'd like to take a day
off... But the work won't do itself,  nor the applications put
themselves together... What to do... Ah,  hell, I'm going back to bed.

Happy Thanksgiving,  Canadians,
Erin
Toronto