[lit-ideas] Re: Happy Thanksgiving

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:18:18 -0500

Erin Holder wrote:

Yay! It's a "holiday"! Can I justify doing nothing? If I do nothing, do I need to justify it? Oh, how I'd like to take a day off... But the work won't do itself, nor the applications put themselves together... What to do... Ah, hell, I'm going back to bed.

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians,

It may be a HOLIDAY for some, but for good God-fearing Puritans, it's a HOLYDAY. Spend it in church! Or at least spend the day in close proximity to a church key...

CAN one do "nothing?" Isn't it a productive, necessary part of the philosopher's life to sit and think, or sit and let the thoughts one just had sink in? Indeed, aren't philosophers the MOST HARD WORKING individuals because they're at their job in every waking moment, no matter what else they're doing?

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lisle, IL, USA