[lit-ideas] Re: Giving Thanksgiving/Adorno and TAP

  • From: palma <palma@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 13:10:59 -0500 (EST)

perhaps the electoral college is reflecting the fact that us is a union of states, and power sharing is the cardinal principle of the constitution. does anyone bother to note that "democracy" is a formal term to be speeld out in different ways?

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Veronica Caley wrote:

Robert: "The Constitution does not require that presidents be elected by a majority of the electorate; it does not even require that they be elected by a plurality."

Which is why it is not all that democratic.  The electoral college is to keep the
majority from making a "mistake."

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI