[lit-ideas] Re: En dehors de all that tat

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:22:15 -0500

My daughter was teaching in Russia as a volunteer for a month. Then she traveled around China ending up doing volunteer work in Tibet for the Tibetan Village Project. http://www.tibetanvillageproject.org/html/kate_stange.htm
She returned to spend Christmas with us and is now back in Providence finishing up her PhD in pure math.

My son spent seven years in various parts of Eastern Europe and Turkey and is back to think about the future. Maybe Montreal (he's baking Montreal-style bagels in anticipation). He designs webpages for a living (anybody needs one, he does very creative work...).

As for the bike-tripping. New Orleans to Niagara Falls was the longest they did, but not the only long one they did. Kate and some friends have done bike trips through Quebec and around Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and around Newfoundland, including the northern tip to visit the viking settlements at L'Anse Meadows. My poor bike has not seen daylight for three years now. But I used to ride out to Callander and back (maybe forty km.).

Thanks for the questions, Irene. Everybody likes a chance to brag about their kids. Ursula

Andy Amago wrote:

I've not been to New Orleans, but my husband and son did a bicycle trip from New Orleans to Niagara Falls (Canada)

Wow, this is amazing.  Very impressive.

Then just three weeks ago, my grown son, home from Vilnius,

You have a really interesting family. Your daughter is teaching in Russia,
your son is home from Vilnius. How did they wind up in Russia and
Lithuania?

Logging off, Irene