[lit-ideas] Re: En dehors de all that tat

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:14:39 -0500

At 02:31 PM 1/10/2006, you wrote:

So why not a stomach?

You've never had good tripe soup (using veal broth) at a Ukrainian restaurant, I take it.

At a recent family gathering, the kids were playing 'fear factor' and one of the things they had to EAT was "tripe soup". Not a one out of 5 could stomach it. I guess they didn't have the 'good' version of the above-mentioned delicacy. Let's just say it's a good thing that the basement had linoleum. While not condoning kids (ages 12-20) acting out "fear factor", I admit I DID sit there and watch and laugh as they tried to accomplish the 'feats'. They were skipping the tripe fandango, turning a whiter shade of pale.

paul

p.s. No animals or kids were harmed during the actions depicted in the writing of this post.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada