[lit-ideas] Re: Dogo Argentino, etc

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:48:49 -0700 (PDT)

I know you're kidding, I know you know I never said that, even if you're right,
the world has way exceeded its carrying capacity for humans.  But I think
people should be required to take dog parenting classes before adopting a dog,
seriously.  It looks so easy, get a puppy and it becomes your friend.  And it
is easy if you know how a dog thinks and what a dog needs.  Too often the poor
dog winds up in the pound or depressed or stuck in a dog house.  Did you ever
watch the Dog Whisperer?  I wonder though, Lawrence, why do you think it's so
improbable that early people would have domesticated the dog for the simple
love of having a pet?  They decorated caves after all, didn't they?  Why can't
pet ownership can be in that non-utilitarian category?  Generally speaking, woe
betides the animal who meets up with a human.

Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm going to side with Irene on this subject: outlaw people not dogs! She
is probably going to deny saying that, but surely that was implied by her
environmental concerns. The fewer people, the better the environment. Dogs
may poop on your lawn but that's not going to hurt the environment.

Lawrence Helm
Biodegradable in San Jacinto