[lit-ideas] Re: Dogo Argentino, etc

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judith.evans001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:53:25 -0000

Traumatic memories are always vivid.

Yes indeed.

It was the only time in my life, however, that I
can remember my entire body being soaked with
sweat.

I'm not surprised. What you did was very brave. Staffordshires can even bite their owners if they try to break up a dog fight (inadvertently, perhaps) and pit bulls are far more likely than them to have been bred for fighting. (They're smuggled in here for dog fighting.)

Here too people have been badly wounded, and babies killed, by pit bulls; in the last case, the family member who tried to stop the dog was fairly badly hurt. Of course other dogs will do that too, of course the owners are very much to blame; but those dogs are killing machines. (If the dachscunds at the bottom of the street tired of barking at me and went on the attack, I imagine I'd be OK... a rogue bull terrier is another matter.)

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>