[lit-ideas] Re: Does the left need a spiritual dimension?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:32:50 -0500

That's exactly what I said about why religion is so appealing, because it
tells people what to think, how to think, what to do, who to do it with.
That's all very comforting.  It offers stability and a ready-made
fellowship as it were.  I can't imagine why people can't have a ready made
fellowship bettering humanity and the earth instead of worshiping spirits,
but, obviously, they can't.  Instead, they prefer nuclear weapons over
whose religion is best.  Humans are weird animals.