[lit-ideas] Re: Does the left need a spiritual dimension?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:44:35 -0500

I'm not sure what I should ask her.  She's in and among fundamentalist
Christians.  If anybody indoctrinates rigid beliefs, it's fundamentalists.
Doesn't matter what the religion is.  Why don't people get warm and cuddly
over not killing animals, or being kind to children, or not mocking old
people, or cleaning up the air?  Lots to get spiritual over, in community,
yet people go to bat over myths.  Like I said, rigid leftist, nobody's
perfect.

part of the country where, as Garrison Keillor puts it, all the men
are hardworking, all the women beautiful, and all the children above
average?and mostly Norwegian-American Lutherans.;-)

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd.