[lit-ideas] Re: Cook's Tour (4)

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:40:33 +0100

sorry haven't had time to read all these Cook posts but did notice this:

Helm:  Perhaps this is a good point to note that Cook has several times lumped
the US with Israel.  In what sense has the US helped Israel during this war?

The US sends arms to Israel.  They go via the UK (i.e. the planes refuel at
one of our airfields) and a couple of weeks ago they did  it without informing
"us" (the requirement that they inform our govt is nothing to do with
the current war), they've now apologised for that.

(Hence my knowledge of their supplying arms.  I think we supply
arms parts -- helicopter parts -- rather than arms, but I don't actually know.)

 Judy Evans, Cardiff