[lit-ideas] Re: Cheney's shooting expedition

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:11:13 -0800

On Feb 21, 2006, at 6:59 PM, Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

Wonder if he has a fishing license, too?

For me, $25 is a bit much--and so I can understand not wanting to pay for a license.  But, I will--it IS the law after all...but it makes me cross--I don't want to because of sparing the money, not because I'm above the law.
[snip]

Speaking of the price of gas, (whine whine), I had to not allow my child to take the bass lessons he always wanted--the orchestra teacher in his middle school said that my son could catch up if he took the lessons form this guy--who's the best in the area--so that within two years, he'd be not only ready for high school orchestra (he decided to not continue with the violin--and had always wanted to play the bass but was not big enough...and he finally is! [this is still exciting to us...], but his dream of playing jazz would come true. However, the private instructor is over on the Kansas side and the gas just tipped the cost of the lessons over the edge beyond the budget.

Why don't bass lessons come with the cost of a fishing license?!!!

What instrument do you play?  Would you play if you had been given the opportunity?  What  is it that you like about it?

I don't play the bagpipes and the piano...until there's no one else home. It's not a matter of opportunity; it's a matter of aptitude, with which I was not amply endowed. The music genes seem to have skipped a generation.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon