[lit-ideas] Re: British Honor killings

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 05:42:56 EST

Boy, Harold sure gets around....

Julie Krueger
verging on true hysteria -- crying and laughing are sometimes the same  thing

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: British Honor
killings  Date: 3/10/06 1:21:32 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
We know.  Our media feature these cases  prominently.  (They do not only
occur among Muslims. Heshu Yones'  father/murderer is indeed a Kurdish
Muslim,
but such killings have also been  carried out by Sikhs -- and, it is said,
Hindus;
but -- it is said --  more often, Sikhs.)

Though some of the young women are from Eastern  Europe or the Middle East,
the honour killings are mainly a South East  Asian-origin phenomenon.

A factual comment....

LH>In 2004,  Britainâs prosecutor began reinvestigating no fewer
LH> than 117  suspicious deaths or disappearances to determine
LH>if honor killings had  taken place

I have a figure of 13 cases to be reviewed by the police  (jihadwatch indeed
suggested over 100).

Here are total murder  figues for the UK

March 1999 - March 2000  =  760
March  2000 - March 2001  =  792
March 2001 - March 2002  =   891
March 2002 - March 2003  =  1,048 - (876)
This includes 172  attributed to Harold Shipman
March 2003 - March 2004  =   853

Not that I see what this has to do with  Bawer/Muslims/welfare benefits

Judy Evans,  Cardiff