[lit-ideas] Re: British Honor killings

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:11:52 -0500

Paul: we should declare war on ...'religion' itself.

We could come up with a battle plan for this. We would have to start by selectively occupying religious centers--Vatican City, Mecca, Colorado Springs, Benares--and setting up deprogramming camps there. Drawing on these newly-liberated recruits, we could fan out in precision mobile attacks from the captured areas . . . .

I dunno. Even if we don't make clumsy allies and use conservative tactics, it can fail. It has that doomed-Hitler-in-'39-war-on-too-many-fronts-bitten-off-more-than-we-can-chew feel to it.

On top of that, think how many potential pleasant afterlives we'll have opted out of by pursuing this campaign. Suppose one of the religions is THE religion?

As your policy adviser, I suggest quiet diplomacy as the most feasible means of accomplishing the goal.