[lit-ideas] Re: British Honor killings

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:21:02 -0000

We know.  Our media feature these cases prominently.  (They do not only
occur among Muslims. Heshu Yones' father/murderer is indeed a Kurdish Muslim,
but such killings have also been carried out by Sikhs -- and, it is said,
Hindus;
 but -- it is said -- more often, Sikhs.)

Though some of the young women are from Eastern Europe or the Middle East,
the honour killings are mainly a South East Asian-origin phenomenon.

A factual comment....

LH>In 2004, Britain's prosecutor began reinvestigating no fewer
LH> than 117 suspicious deaths or disappearances to determine
LH>if honor killings had taken place

I have a figure of 13 cases to be reviewed by the police (jihadwatch indeed
suggested over 100).

Here are total murder figues for the UK

March 1999 - March 2000  =  760
March 2000 - March 2001  =  792
March 2001 - March 2002  =  891
March 2002 - March 2003  =  1,048 - (876)
This includes 172 attributed to Harold Shipman
March 2003 - March 2004  =  853

Not that I see what this has to do with Bawer/Muslims/welfare benefits

Judy Evans, Cardiff