[lit-ideas] Re: Annie Proulx [antifreeze]

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 15:00:03 -0500

Robert, let's call a Christmas Truce, okay?  I would really like that.  I
had no idea what you intended to write.  I replied to what you did write.
I thought you were implying that I was seriously disturbed because I have
thought about, among a lot of other things, death.  Regarding animals, I
love animals.  I don't even eat animals except that I now have to eat fish.
My heart breaks for those poor animals in N.O. and I do appreciate the
efforts of the volunteers.  My impression, obviously wrong, was that like a
lot of people you like pets but the rest of the animal kingdom can be
damned.  Obviously, I'm wrong.  Obviously, you're a kind hearted man who
cares deeply about animals and probably the rest of this planet.  I did
notice that that was the part of the post that resonated wtih you.
Regarding the original reference to dogs lapping up antifreeze, I didn't
write that and I would never write that.  I got it off the proulx forum.
Now I too am done, and a Merry Christmas to you, a very kind person..