[lit-ideas] Re: An American student's history of the world

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 17:23:55 -0700

Simon:

I saw no point in further responding to you.  You seem unable to understand
the nature of a logical fallacy.  When I described it to you, you merely
said I was obfuscating (misspelling the word didn't help in that case) and
repeated the fallacy.  Showing your argument to be fallacious isn't to throw
scorn on it.  It is to show that it is no argument at all.  And in the note
below you continue to think you have a good argument.  I explained the
nature of your fallacy to you.  The fallacy you committed has a name.  You
can read about it.  That should be sufficient.  I shouldn't have to repeat
myself. The fact that you are insisting on your fallacious argument is
merely pitiful.

Lawrence

  _____