[lit-ideas] Re: 500,000

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:22:20 -0500

>>And then the 500,000 people out in the street to protest in L.A. reminded me of the months (years even?) of silent ever-massing protest against the Communist regime in East Germany.

But these protests are not nearly so noble. They are organized by "immigrant supporters," which includes the lobbyist groups including the Catholic Church. Are you waxing poetic about the Catholic Church, whose social policies often harm countries they are involved with? If this were an anti-abortion rally would you be playing the "Hitler card" when discussing the US?

(Don't get me started about how Catholic policies have caused Brazil to be plagued with street crime, giving them a greater death count in a comparable time period than the Intifada in both Palestine and Israel.)

Do you equate the Mexican/Hispanic lobbying groups with the German desire to see their country reunified?