[Linuxtrent] Re: nfs limiti

  • From: Paolo Larcheri <paolo.larcheri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 17:51:23 +0100

2011/1/3 Aimar Marco <marco.aimar@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Due computer... "server" e "client".
> Il client monta via NFS una risorsa del server.
> Tutto funziona egregiamente...ci legge, ci scrive ecc ecc.
> Il server si spegne.
> Vado sul client e faccio un ls sulla risorsa montata.....rimane li, tutto
> "freezato" per taaaaanto tempo :-(

Dalle man pages di nfs, questi credo siano 3 parametri che ti possono
interessare:

soft
If an NFS file operation has a major timeout then report an I/O error
to the calling program. The default is to continue retrying NFS file
operations indefinitely.

hard
If an NFS file operation has a major timeout then report "server not
responding" on the console and continue retrying indefinitely. This is
the default.

intr
If an NFS file operation has a major timeout and it is hard mounted,
then allow signals to interupt the file operation and cause it to
return EINTR to the calling program. The default is to not allow file
operations to be interrupted.

Ciao,
P.

--