[linux-cirrus] Re: ep93xx-i2s ?

  • From: Chase Douglas <chasedouglas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:21:17 -0400

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:54 AM, john cooper
<john.cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ryan Mallon wrote:
>>
>> john cooper wrote:
>>>
>>> Whatever became of the i2s driver upstream in 2.6?
>>> Admittedly it has been a few years since I had
>>> last poked at any version of it in any 2.6 tree
>>> but I thought (well, maybe assumed) it was headed
>>> into linux-2.6.git along with the rest of 93xx
>>> support.  However a rummage through git didn't
>>> show any sign of it.
>>
>> It has been replaced by the generic i2c-gpio driver (CONFIG_I2C_GPIO).
>> See arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/edb93xx.c for an example of how the driver is
>> used on the EDB boards.
>
> Not i2c, the i2s/ac97 audio transceiver.

I wrote the only i2s driver I am aware of, but none of Lennert's
ep93xx audio support was integrated into mainline, so my i2s part was
left behind too. As for the code itself, it's been a few years since
I've even seen it. I probably have a backup somewhere locally if it's
needed, but I think there's a big patch on this mailing list too. You
would probably find it around this time in 2007.

-- Chase