[linux-cirrus] Re: ep93xx-i2s ?

  • From: Ryan Mallon <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Huggins-Daines <dhuggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:18:00 +1200

David Huggins-Daines wrote:
> On 04/06/2010 09:01 PM, Ryan Mallon wrote:
>
>> I have rewritten the drivers as proper SoC audio drivers, so you can use
>> any of the codecs in sound/soc/codecs. The platform I am using for
>> testing is an ep9315 with a tlv320aic23b codec.
>
> Hmm - I need it for an ep9302 with cs4271, presumably since this is the
> simplest possible configuration it ought to work?

It should work. The SoC audio system works by having separate generic
drivers for the codecs and platform. Each device based on the platform
then has its own driver which acts as a 'glue' layer between the
platform and codec drivers. The glue code manages things like the codec
clock rate, audio format, etc.

I will be posting a glue driver for our Snapper CL15 platform along with
the drivers, which will hopefully be a good reference. You might also
want to look at sound/soc/pxa/raumfeld.c which uses the cs4720 codec in
SSP mode.

~Ryan

--
Bluewater Systems Ltd - ARM Technology Solution Centre

Ryan Mallon                     5 Amuri Park, 404 Barbadoes St
ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           PO Box 13 889, Christchurch 8013
http://www.bluewatersys.com     New Zealand
Phone: +64 3 3779127            Freecall: Australia 1800 148 751
Fax:   +64 3 3779135                      USA 1800 261 2934