[Linux-Anyway] Re: Printer, Samba & W2k

  • From: Scott Robbins <scottro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:12:07 -0500

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 01:02:58PM -0800, Meph Istopheles wrote:

> > >   Never mind.  Fingered that one out;-).  I'd not set up
> > > access for my girl friend's log in.
>
>   Wow.  Thought you ran away;-).

Work and life have both been pretty horrendous--this happens to be a
brief boring time.

> > Boy what a stupid thing to do.  :)  Of course, I won't mention
> > how it took me three days to figure that out with Naoko's Mac.
>
>   Thanks.  I thought so too.  But I think it was more her
> password.  I've got her connected via my login & password &
> turned off access to my home directory.  At the moment, she's
> only got access to my /backup where the mp3's are & to the
> printer.  I've reset her password & plan to test it again later.

One thing I've been finding lately--seems that I'm having trouble with
Samba unless the smbpasswd and the login password, that is, the user's
general login password, are the same. Of course, I'm working with Cups
which has its own peculiarities, so not sure how universal this is.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Cordelia: What's going on? Oh god, is the world ending? I have to
research a paper on Bosnia for tomorrow, but if the world's ending,
I'm not gonna bother.