[Linux-Anyway] Re: Printer, Samba & W2k

  • From: Scott Robbins <scottro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:48:41 -0500

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 11:27:24AM -0800, Meph Istopheles wrote:

>   Hey,
>
>   Anyone familiar with this?  I've got my printer set up on my
> Linux box with smb running.  While I can connect to the Linux box
> from my W98 box & have successfully set up the printer to work
> from W98, W2k won't even attempt to find the Linux box, let alone
> find the printer.
>
>   What could I have done wrong?

What flavor of Linux are you running?  Sometimes, you have to put
something in smb.conf indicating that the MS box has to use client side
drivers.

I've been using CUPS with FreeBSD fairly successfully. Also, does the
Windows box main user have an account, both regular and smbpasswd on the
Linux box?

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Buffy: What do you want?
Angel: The same thing you do.
Buffy: Okay. What do I want?
Angel: To kill 'em. To kill 'em all.
Buffy: Sorry, that's incorrect. But, you do get this watch and a
year's supply of turtle wax. What I want is to be left alone.