[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Why is there an error in this test run?

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:13:13 +0200

Hi Keith,

Keith Creasy writes:

>> Would you be happy if these tests would be moved to the bug tracker?
>> The risk is that bugs will be forgotten because you're not confronted
>> with them every day. Nobody ever looks at the oogle Code issues.
>
> It really doesn't matter so much. My goal is just to try and use the
> unit test suite to document, and hopefully get fixed, the many areas
> where LibLouisUTDML either performs incorrectly or doesn't actually
> work for XML output. As long as we know how it works and so long as it
> does work I'm quite happy to use it as it is. Is there some
> documentation you can point me to that describes just exactly how to
> write a test for this thing? I know I can eventually figure it out
> but...

There's no documentation but John explained pretty well how it works in
a previous email. Every test is a subdirectory and is completely
self-contained, meaning all configuration files and tables are in that
directory. That's important if you want to have good understanding of
what the test does. You want to test isolated features and limit the
influences of unknown variables. Each subdirectory contains at least the
following files:

- input.xml
- expected.txt
- liblouisutdml.ini: The configuration. The liblouis tables specified in
  this file should ideally point to files in the same directory to
  ensure the test is completely self-contained.
- styles.cfg: The style definitions.
- semantics.sem: The semantic actions.
- README: Info about the test that will be printed when in verbose mode.

Some tests contain a dummy file named xfail to flag them as expected
failures.

For testing UTDML you'll need a more sophisticated way of comparing the
results. Right now as simple diff is made.

HTH,
Bert