[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Why is there an error in this test run?

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 19:43:43 +0200

On Fri 06/06/14,18:17, Michael Whapples wrote:
> One point I would raise about expected failing tests, even with a
> bug tracker it can be useful as if an expected failure does not
> happen, then some other code change (may be totally unintentional)
> has fixed an existing bug and one could then go into the tracker and
> mark the bug as fixed with unknown solution.

yes you are right.

> Would this test system report expected failures actually passing?

no, it shows them as expected failures.

I do feel that we should be adding a lot more tests, initially this will
take time away from development, but will definitely be worth while and
will make both projects more robust.
The nature of the libraries also makes testing relatively
straightforward.

Mesar