[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Unsure how to do a change to logging

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 11:19:47 +0200

On 05/22/2014 12:34 PM, Michael Whapples (Redacted sender mwhapples@xxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

The only question I have for you is, as liblouis and liblouisutdml can
log to different places after this change is made, will you want -l to
only change the liblouisutdml log file name or would you want both
liblouis and liblouisutdml log information to go into the single file
given in the -l option?

I would have thought that if you are a user of file2brl you do not care about the underlying implementation and that it is based on another lib named liblouis. You just want the detailed messages in your one log.

I guess I missed that: So when is the log going to stderr? And how do I turn logging on and off from a command line tool? The lou_checktable tool has a option named quiet

Tag der offenen Tuer: Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 28. Juni 2014 von 9 bis 16 Uhr. Mehr Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://www.sbs.ch/offenetuer