[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Ubuntu packages

  • From: "Igor B. Poretsky" <poretsky@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 08:16:58 +0400

Dear John and others!

The patches are included in the package sources. After applying these
patches to the original upstream sources there will be subdirectory
debian containing all packaging stuff. File changelog in this
subdirectory describes all my changes against original source. All
changes aside this subdirectory are related to the original source fix
and have nothing to do with packaging specific.

Anyway, here is a brief description of my fixes.

For Liblouis:

* Added actually functional tables for Russian braille transcription
  along with hyphenation dictionary.
* Fixed a little bug in lou-checkhyphens utility dialogue. If entered
  table name started from 'r' it was treated as run command in
  addition.
* Fixed bug that broke hyphenating translated words in some
  circumstances.
* Fixed string beginning anchor in test operand of multipass opcodes.
* Take in account current locale in test programs.
* Implemented some emphasis indication for Russian literary text
  transcription.

For Liblouisxml:

* Quote command line arguments in conversion scripts to deal with
  spaces in file names.
* Added script for program source files translation.
* Added configuration and semantic files for transcribing Russian
  literary texts and program sources.
* Some cleanups to eliminate compiler complaints.

As for Liblouisutdml, at the beginning I was going to package it too,
but Liblouisxml seems more mature now. At the first glance
Liblouisutdml needs some fixes yet, mainly in the documentation files
that actually refers to Liblouisxml in many places.

Best regards,
Igor.