[liblouis-liblouisxml] SV: Re: Table of Braille Tables

  • From: Bue Vester-Andersen <bue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 17:42:09 +0200

Hi Greg,

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough on that. the nocaps table is a top level table
in that you have to include it manually in the table string like
"da-dk-g26.ctb,da-dk-nocaps.uti". However, it is not intended to be used
alone.

In normal paper production of Danish 6 dots Braille grade 1 or 2, you would
normally not mark capitals in names and the beginning of sentences etc. That
is what this table is for. However, with note-takers, you do need the
capsigns because otherwise the back-translation will fail.

The best solution I could think of is to have the lines for removing caps in
a separate table to be included at will in the table string. But perhaps the
uti extension is somewhat misleading. Should I call it .utb or .ctb? Do we
use the .utb extension anymore at all? It seems that most top level tables
have the .ctb extension now, regardless of them being grade 1 or 2.

Bue